We're here to make a difference. Each one of us. If you love creative problem solving and want to collaborate with humans who feel the same way, we may be your kind of place. With the heart of a startup and a spirit of independence, we bring passion, ambition, and boundless energy to every challenge. Are you ready to get after it?
SCC is currently working 100% remotely. When we do return to in-person work, this position will sit in our Chicago, IL office
At SCC, the Project Management group facilitates processes, systems, and solutions. We establish structure, solve problems, and mitigate risk, in order to elevate client work and relationships on our teams. We’re looking for a Project Manager with proven experience structuring and leading digital marketing and advertising projects comprising multidisciplinary resources, with demonstrated success in collaborating with key agency stakeholders, including but not limited to Creative, Client Leadership, Finance, Strategy, Performance Media, and Development. The most critical aspect of this position is the proven ability to understand the interdependencies between all tasks and people to ensure work is done efficiently. They manage workflow, allocate resources, define the scope and risk of assigned projects, closely monitor project budgets and, most importantly, be an impactful team player.
- Facilitate clear communication across cross-functional SCC teams including but not limited to Creative, Client Leadership, Finance, Strategy, Performance Media, and Development - to ensure project success. Lead teams to successfully deliver customer experience and creating solutions leading to client business value
- Take inputs from Client Leadership to understand the brief in preparation to begin the project work
- Provide operational management of accounts, including requirements gathering, project scoping, planning, execution/delivery, change control, and relationship management
- Identify and realize project deliverable outcomes using the most suitable and effective project management approach, methods, processes, and tools to ensure a high degree of delivery and solution quality.
- Drive project delivery through effective use of internal and client-facing status meetings
- Manage project financials; help facilitate and define project scopes, financial investment, burn rate, etc. and manage the financial health of projects to ensure client and agency success
- Forecast and allocate resources for current and upcoming project needs
- Assist Director of Project Management and Client Leadership in managing client relationships and preparing for client meetings
- Maintain awareness of the current industry environment that shapes opportunities for client solutions (i.e. news events, trends, mergers, etc.)
- Participate in PM Discipline community for knowledge sharing, thought leadership, and personal growth
- Minimum 3+ years of prior experience in a client-facing Digital Project Management role
- Advertising agency experience preferred with a focus on digital projects (websites, optimized landing pages, CMS, etc.) understanding of advertising principles and agency functions (Creative, Client Leadership, Finance, Strategy, Performance Media, Development etc.)
- Flexible, collaborative, and able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously to maintain teamwork and optimal project flow
- Professional demeanor; Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with all levels of the organization to achieve broader insights into managing workstreams and outcomes
- Solid understanding of project management methodology including the ability to identify and resolve issues, manage risk, develop detailed work plans and specifications, perform resource allocations and run team meetings
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a demonstrated ability to identify issues, resolve them quickly, and know when to rely on internal resources to assist.
- Excellent people skills, with the ability to influence without authority
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools, including O365 and Teams, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint/Keynote skills essential
- Experience using project management/workflow and resourcing software such as Atlassian Jira, Basecamp, Microsoft Projects, Workfront, Open air, Smartsheet etc.