If you have a love for the advertising business and are looking for a place that will love you back, we might be just what you are looking for. We operate with the heart of a startup with a spirit of independence; fueled by the energy, passion, and boundless ambition of our people.
SCC is currently working 100% remotely. When we do return to in-person work, this position will sit in our Chicago, IL office.
As a Strategist at SCC, your role is to partner in the development of data and insight-driven strategies and Brand Idea briefs that inspire creative teams and instill confidence in clients and client leadership. The ‘voice of the consumer’ in the room, you work to strengthen human/brand connections across every touchpoint on the consumer/customer journey.
Reporting to a Director of Brand Strategy, your role is to lead Discovery and Insight (audits of the total context that affects how our Target relates to the brand) to inform both creative and content strategies. As part of a cross-functional team, you will also partner to develop Content Plans to ensure that the Brand Idea comes to life across every tactic in an Activation Plan.
What a day might look like:
- Drive Discovery for new and existing clients (key deliverables: Discovery Deck and Target Profile)
- Collaborate on the development of Brand Idea briefs for new and existing clients
- Lead creative briefings
- Be a resource/partner with creatives during concepting
- Partner with Creative and Client Leadership to develop compelling decks for strategic and creative presentations
- Consult with Client Leadership on Tactical briefs Leverage MRI, Meltwater, Mintel reports, and desk research to create data-infused insights and stories
- Develop Research Briefs in partnership with other team members; make research findings actionable
- Work with the greater Strategy team to develop consumer/customer personae and journey maps
- Collaborate on outbound agency communications – RFPs, award submissions, etc.
Must-have personal and professional skills:
- 2-5 years of marketing communications experience, preferably in Account Planning/Brand & Creative Strategy role
- Cultural omnivore able to identify trends, connect dots, and tell the story
- Ability to identify and interpret cultural signifiers
- Desire to go beyond the ‘what’ to the ‘why’
- Ability to empathize with cultural tribes
- Flexible and collaborative
- Strong writer and communicator
- Strategic thought partner to Creatives and Client Leadership
- Track record of success – able to demonstrate value and impact in previous strategy roles